Hanoi National University (HNU)
The Hanoi National University (HNU) was established in accordance with
Decree No.97/CP, dated December 10th, 1993 by the Government, and has
been reorganized in accordance with Decree No.14/2001/QD-TTg, dated
February 12, 2001 by the Government, which unified some leading
universities, including the former University of Hanoi with the
University of Indochina as its predecessor established in 1904.
The Hanoi University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) was founded on July 15th, 1959.
The Hanoi University of Law was established on 10th November, 1979.
Upon Decree No.78 of the Council of Ministers dated 19 May 1987, the College of Diplomacy (established in 1959) merged with the Institute for International Relations (established in 1977) to become a single institution, which was renamed Institute for International Relations in August 1992. The date of establishment of the College of Diplomacy (17 June 1959) has been recognized as the official date of establishment of the now named Institute for International Relations.
The University was founded on March 26th, 1959 to provide higher education, postgraduate education, foster the staff in cultural field, and to do scientific research on related fields.
Hanoi University of Pharmacy is originated from the Medical School (Ðcole de MÐdecine) which was founded in 1902 in Hanoi.
Hanoi University of Medicine was established in 1902 to provide higher education in medicine, traditional medicine, public health, nursing, medical technique, maxio-odontoly... through its bachelor training program and medical doctor training program focusing on the above fields.