Institute of Posts and Telecommunications Technology
1. Foundation Date
The Institute was founded on July 11th, 1997.
Based on the re-arrangement of four education and research institutions of Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Corporation (VNPT) for integrating together their tasks of education and training; Research and Development; and supporting VNPT''s business activities.
3. Degrees and Programs
3.1. Undergraduate Education
- B.Sc. in Information Technology, Electronics and Posts & Telecommunications (IT&PT), Business Administration: 4,5 years.
- A.D. in Electronics and Posts & Telecommunications, Business Administration: 3 years.
3.2. Postgraduate Education
- Master''s degree (M.Sc.): 3 years.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.): 3-4 years.
4. Academic Faculties
- Fundamental Studies 1 & 2
- Technical Electronics 1 & 2
- Telecommunications 1 & 2
- Information Technology 1 & 2
- Business Administration 1 & 2
These faculties are based in 2 campuses:
+ PTIT Ha Dong campus.
+ PTIT Ho Chi Minh City campus.
5. Centers and Facilities
- Research Institute of Posts and Telecommunications (RIPT)
- Economics Research Institute of Posts and Telecommunications (ERIPT)
- Center for Development of Information Technology (CDIT)
- Posts and Telecommunications Training Center No. 1 (PTTC 1)
- Posts and Telecommunications Training Center No. 2 (PTTC 2)
- International Collaboration & Postgraduate Studies (ICPS)
6. Faculty and Students
The teaching staff of 745 includes 1 Professors, 5 Associate Professors, 1 Doctor of Science, 57 Ph.D., 93 Masters, 588 Bachelors.
Total enrollment: 44,200
- Full-time students: 7,000
- Part-time students: 2000
- Short training courses students: 35,200
7. International Relations
The co-operation activities are focused on:
- Development of joint research projects/programs;
- Joint organization of conferences and training courses;
- Exchange of research staff and students;
- Research, development and technology transfer.
For over four years of its existence, the Institute has established co-operation with the following foreign institutions, universities, organizations and partners:
+ Institutions, universities: Malaysia Multimedia University (MMU), Asian Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT), University of Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) - Malaysia; Information & Communications Union, Electronics & Telecommunication Research Institute (ETRI) - Korea; Waseda University (Japan); Beijing University of Post & Telecommunication (BUPT) - China; Moscow Technical University of Communications and Information (MTUCI) - Russia; Asian Institute of Technology (AIT).
+ International organizations: International Telecom-munication Union (ITU), Asian Info-communications Council (AIC) and Asian Pacific Telecommunity (APT).
+ Partners: Fujitsu (Japan), Lucky Goldstar Electronics (LGE), Korea Telecommunication (KT) - Korea; Siemens (Germany); JICA-PTTCI Projects (Japan)./.