Hanoi University of Technology (HUT)
1. Foundation Date: October 15th, 1956.
To provide higher education in science and technology and related fields
through its bachelor, master and Ph.D. programs on science and technology.
3. Degrees and Programs
3.1. Undergraduate Education
Engineer of Applied Science: 5 years.
Training fields: Mathematics, Engineering Physics, Information Technology,
Material Science, Polymer, Manufacturing Engineering, Engines, Specialized
Mechanical Engineering, Thermal Techniques, Technical Electricity, Electrical
Energy, Electrical Equipment and Manufacturing, Electrification and Electricity
Supply, Technical Cybernetics, Technical Computing, Electronics, Communication
and Telecommunications, Electronic Equipment Manufacturing, Textile Engineering
and Garment Technology, Tailoring Engineering, Biological and Food Technology,
Chemical Technology, Physical Chemistry Technology, Environmental Technology,
Metallurgy, Economics, Foreign Languages for Specific Purposes, Engineering
3.2. Postgraduate Education
- Master of Science (M.Sc.): 2 years.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.): 2-3 years.
Training fields: mechanical engineering, chemistry, material science and
technology, engineering physics, mathematics, information technology,
electronics and telecommunications, electrical engineering, environmental
science and technology, bio-technology and food processing, heat engineering and
4. Academic Faculties
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics
- Faculty of Chemical Technology
- Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications
- Faculty of Electricity
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Metallurgy and Materials Technology
- Faculty of Textile, Garment Technology and Fashion design
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Engineering Education
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of in-service Training
- Faculty of Defense Education
- Department of Physical Education
5. Institutes, Research Centers
- Institute of Engineering Physics
- Institute of Biological and Food Technology
- Institute for Environmental Science and Technology
- Automation Center
- Computer Center
- Network-Communication Center
- Biomedical Electronics Center
- Corrosion and Protection Research Center
- Polymer Center
- Inorganic Materials Research Center
- Materials Science Center
- Center for Research and Development of High Technology
- Precise Machinery Research Center
- Chromatography Center
- Polytechnology Co., Ltd.
- KITECH-HUT Center
- Center for Internetwork Security Software and Solutions
- Center for Development and Application of Software for Industry.
6. Faculty and Students
Faculty: 1,100 teaching staffs, which includes 240 Professors and Associate
Professors, 602 Dr.Sc. and Ph.D.
7. International Relations
Hanoi University of Technology has established long-term cooperative ties
with many educational and research institutions, international organizations,
and industrial enterprises from around the world. Co-operation activities are
undertaken in various forms such as joint training and research programs. With
the rapid increase of scientific and technological progress in recent years, HUT
has extended its communications and collaborations with more and more education
establishments all over the world and especially those in the region of South
Over the last 45 years HUT has established the cooperative ties with the
- International Organizations: UNDP, UNIDO, UNESCO, ACCT,
- International Networks: AUAP, ESA-UNET, ASEA-UNINET, GMSARN,
GMSVU, FAU, AUN/SEED-NET, AUF.
- Australia: Sydney University, Swinburn University, Victoria
University of Technology, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, University of
- Belgium: VLIR (VUB, RUG, KUL), LiÌge University.
- Canada: University of Laval, Polytechnique de MontrÐal.
- China: Beijing University of Science and Technology, South China
University of Technology, Kunming University of Science and Technology.
- France: Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (INPG), Ðcole
Nationale SupÐrieure de Biologie AppliquÐe µ la Nutrition et µ l’Alimentation
(ENSBANA), Ðcole Nationale SupÐrieure de Textile de Moulhouse (ENSTM), Ðcole
Nationale SupÐrieure de Mecanique et d’Aerotechnique (ENSMA), Ðcole Centrale de
Lyon, Paris University XII.
- Finland and Sweden: Lahti Polytechnics, Charmer University.
- Germany: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), German Technical
Co-operation (GTZ), Dresden University of Technology, Freiberg University of
Technology, Chemnitz University of Technology, IImenau University of Technology,
Damstadt University of Technology, Stuttgart University of Technology, College
of Zittau/Goerlitz, College of Anhalt, College of Pforzheim, College of
Muenchen, College of Bremen, Siemens AG, Magdeburg University of Technology,
- Japan: Ritsumeikan University, Teikyo University of Technology,
Gifu University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagoya, Nagaoka University of
Technology, Keio University, Development Association of Youth, Asian Community
TRUST, Toyota, Honda, HANSEBE Asia Scholarship Foundation.
- Republic of Korea: Chungwoon University, Pohang University of
Technology, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Chonbuk University,
Chungnam University, Konju National University, Sunmoon University, Korea
Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), Woosong University, Korea Institute
of Industrial Technology, Gyongsang University, Dong-A University, Sunchon
National University, Shiheung Company, Dong Ah Elecomm, Synkyong, Hanse
- Switzerland: University Lausanne, Swiss-AIT-Vietnam (SAV).
- Singapore: Nanyang Technical University, National University of
- Thailand: AIT, Suranaree University of Technology.
- The Netherlands: Amsterdam University, Delft University, Twente
- Ukraine, Russia: Moscow State Academy of Fine Chemical Technology,
D. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia, Moscow State Aviation
Institute, Saint Petersburg State Technical University, Saint Petersburg
Electrotechnical University (LETI), Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Bauman
Moscow State Technical University, Kharkov University of Technology, Kiev
University of Technology.
- USA: University of Kentucky, California State
University/Sacramento, University of Nebraska, International Training Institute
of Education, Business Alliance for Vietnamese Education, Motorola, Ford./.